Friday 10 October 2014

SUGAR FREE BANANA BREAD AND SMOOTHIES

Yesterday was one of those days that I spent in the kitchen. 
While my girls were out in the pool I decided to make them a smoothie and some banana bread with it. This time I used my usual banana bread recipe but gave it a little twist. I decided not to add any sugar and to make it gluten free. WOW! I was shocked that it turned out so yummy and without any sugar. 

Here is the recipe if anyone is interested in trying it out.

BANANA BREAD

120g of butter
3/4 cup of natvia 
1tablespoon of agave syrup
2 eggs
4 medium bananas
2 cups of self raising gluten free flour
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
2 tablespoons milk


Now I don't do anything fancy, I just whip all the ingredients into my Kitchen Aid and let it do the work. Once it's mixed I add the mashed banana in and mix it with a spatula.

Then place it in the oven on 180deg celsius for 40 minutes

It tastes so good and the kids will love it.


My finished product. I wanted to add an icing but my girls refused and said they loved it without any icing.


natvia is 100% natural sweetener with no artificial rubbish in it. Its a great substitute for sugar


I love using Melindas gluten free products 

Another substitute for sugar... I use this in my smoothies sometimes

Once that was done I made the girls a smoothie and as usual I add a little spinach in it as well
For this smoothie I added: 
  • Rasberries
  • Blueberries
  • Frozen strawberries
  • bananas
  • spinach
  • a cup of cold water
  • a teaspoon of agave syrup
Blend away and enjoy






No comments:

Post a Comment